The Blended Power product is a green power option from NYPA, and is a great way to add green energy at competitive rates. We offer price stability in the form of fixed or variable rates, and straightforward pricing with no hidden costs or escalation clauses.
This is the perfect product for customers looking to replace all or some of their power with green power. We offer this energy option across New York to local government customers. It is also available to our existing low-cost hydropower customers. So if you are a business or not-for-profit that is already receiving hydropower from NYPA, you can use Blended Power to increase your percentage of green energy. We sell Blended Power at 51%, 100% or 0% green, which means that you can use it to increase your percentage of green energy, or to ramp up to your full energy requirements.
Build a cleaner, economically strong New York with Blended Power - competitively-priced and available at fixed rates. Generated 100% in New York for New York.
Learn more about how NYPA’s Blended Power product can meet your energy needs.
New York State local governments and state agencies are eligible to purchase Blended Power from NYPA. Businesses, hospitals, universities, and not-for-profits that are currently purchasing power through one of NYPA’s power programs (ReCharge, WNY, and Preservation Power) are also eligible to purchase Blended Power from NYPA.
Yes. Choose a fixed-rate contract, or opt for variable rates. You can review your contract every 12 months, and can cancel with 90-day notification.
Blended Power is available across New York State. This means that NYPA can supply Blended Power to any local government in New York. Blended Power is also available to State agencies, and to NYPA’s corporate and not-for-profit power customers.
NYPA’s Blended Power product is the perfect green power product for your local government.
• All local governments are now eligible. For many years, NYPA supplied power to only the largest local governments in the state. With Blended Power, all local governments are now eligible.
• Clean energy from NYPA. Blended Power is power that you purchase directly from NYPA - a reliable power supplier with a breadth of advisory and implementation services. Replace some or all of your power supply with green Blended Power from NYPA.
• Choice of variable or fixed rate. These pricing options help meet your budgeting needs.
• Transparency. With NYPA as your power supplier, you get transparent pricing - with no fine print.
• Support the New York economy. Blended Power is generated and sold 100% within New York State.
Green power is just one of the many products and services that NYPA offers. When you sign up for green Blended Power, you are also starting a relationship with NYPA that can support your organization’s clean energy and energy efficiency goals for years to come.
NYPA’s Blended Power product is an excellent green power choice for New York-based businesses. If you are a customer of NYPA, you can choose Blended Power to replace some of your energy and become more green:
• Green power for sustainability. You can purchase green power to replace your current power supply, or to supplement your hydropower.
• Transparency. With NYPA as your power supplier, you are taking power from a reliable organization, and you get transparent pricing. There is no fine print.
• Choice of variable or fixed rate. These pricing options help you meet your budgeting needs.
• No compliance requirements. This is green power that is separate from the hydropower that NYPA provides as part of its Economic Development programs. Blended Power has no incremental job creation or capital investment requirements.
Our Economic Development programs provide low-cost power to organizations that contribute to job growth or add capital investment in New York State. Blended Power is competitively-priced green power that is available within New York State without compliance requirements.
• NYPA’s Blended Power product comes with no incremental compliance requirements. NYPA’s Economic Development programs require job creation and capital investment to qualify for low-cost power. NYPA’s Blended Power product provides competitively-priced green energy with no capital or investment requirements. NYPA’s existing Economic Development customers can use Blended Power to “Green up” the remaining portion of their power, without triggering additional jobs and capital investment requirements.
• NYPA’s Blended Power product is available to both for-profit businesses and not-for-profit customers. NYPA’s Economic Development programs are available only to for-profit businesses. The Blended Power product is available to for-profit businesses, not-for-profit customers, and also to local governments and state agencies.